This position must provide management for the Dietary Department. The Dietary Manager will direct and assist the preparation and serving of regular meals and therapeutic diets, order food and supplies and maintain area and equipment in sanitary conditions. The Dietary Manager will hire, train, schedule and supervise dietary staff.
Location in: Edenton, NC- Edenton Primetime
Responsibilities are determined by the communities needs and may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
2. Must be able to read, write, understand and follow directions
3. Must be in good mental and physical condition
4. Must possess leadership qualities and be able to supervise and secure the cooperation of the dietary personnel
5. Must have basic knowledge of dietet
6. Must be able to work productively with other department heads and personnel, as well as dietary consultants
7. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills
8. Must possess good computer skills and be able to electronically submit the food order
9. Must possess proven Customer Service skills and experience
10. Must have a clear SBI and DMV record and maintain them during period of employment
11. Must not have substantiated findings on the NC Health Care Personnel Registry
12. Must possess knowledge of or be willing to learn the NC DHSR Adult Care Home Rules and Regulations pertaining to Food Service and therapeutic diets
13. Must possess knowledge of or be willing to learn NC Sanitation Rules and Regulations
14. Must have 6 years of driving experience with clear driving record.
15. Must wear slip resistant shoes while working in dietary at all times.
The Dietary Manager stands and walks intermittently throughout the working day, as well as reaches, stoops, bends, lifts, carries and manipulates various food products, dietary supplies and equipment. The Dietary Manager must have the ability to work with chemicals/cleaning agents and must be able to lift and/or carry 50 to 75 pounds.