Responsible for collecting, posting and managing account payments. Responsible for submitting claims and following up with first and/or third party payers.
1.Prepares and submits clean claims to various third party payers electronically.
2. Answers questions from employees and first/third party payers.
3. Identifies and resolves patient billing errors.
4. Performs daily backups on office computer system
5. Performs various collection actions including contacting staff by email or phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
6. Processes payments received from first/third party payers, including the preparation and processing of deposit if applicable.
7. Conducts self in accordance with TA’s employee manual.
8. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
1. Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
2. Knowledge of computer programs.
3. Knowledge of business office procedures.
4. Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
5. Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
6. Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees
8. Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
Must be 19 years old with High School Diploma or GED and be able to read, write, understand and follow directions.